To help you and your family mitigate the effect of COVID-19 we have pulled together the following facts sheets to help you protect yourself and the community.
Please DOWNLOAD and SHARE these flyers to help spread this critical information.
COVID-19 primarily spreads from person to person. When someone sick sneezes, coughs or talks, droplets containing the virus are released into the air and can land on eyes, nose and mouth where they can then enter the body of those nearby.
To protect yourself and others from these droplets
Wear a mask and stay 6 feet apart
Infected droplets can also land on surfaces and be left on objects
If you touch those surfaces or objects, you can pick up the virus.
It is important to wash your hands often, sanitize surfaces and avoid touching your face.
1. Stay home until:
It has been at least 14 days since
your symptoms began AND
You have had no fever for 3 days in a row without any medicine for fever AND
Your symptoms have improved.
2. Follow your doctor’s recommendations. Get rest and drink a lot of fluids such as water, soups and caffeine-free drinks like herbal teas.
3. Monitor your symptoms carefully. If your symptoms get worse, call your doctor immediately. Before you go to the doctor, call and tell them that you have or may have COVID-19.
4. When you cough or sneeze, cover your mouth with a tissue and throw it away or sneeze and cough in your elbow.
5. For emergencies, call 911. Tell them that you have or may have COVID-19.
6. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
7. As much as possible, stay away from other people, stay in a separate room and use a
separate bathroom. Wear a
mask when you are near others.
8. Ask for help as much as possible so you don’t have to touch anything outside of the room where you are quarantined.
9. Avoid sharing any household items, including food, electronic devices, chargers, etc.
10. Surfaces that you touch often should be cleaned with disinfectant after each use. This includes door knobs, fridge/microwave/stove, etc.