Brief Job Summary
The Administrative Assistant will greet visitors, answers inquiries, and create a welcoming environment, scheduling appointments, answering phone calls and helping staff to keep the office running smoothly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Greet visitors, answers inquiries, and create a welcoming environment.
· Schedule appointments and meetings as needed.
· Answer and direct phone calls and take messages in a polite and friendly manner.
· Keep detailed and accurate records of visitor requests and of calls received.
· Receive deliveries; sort and distribute incoming mail.
· Advocate on behalf of ProsperityME’s programs and services.
· Other Duties as assigned by the Deputy Director.
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associate degree in Business Administration preferred.
· 2-3 years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office
· Strong phone skills and written communication skills
· Comfortable with routinely shifting demands
· High degree of attention to detail
· Data entry experience
· Working knowledge of general office equipment
· Experience working with minorities, immigrant and refugee communities preferred.
· Must be proficient in English and either French, Portuguese, Arabic, Somali or Lingala.
· Comfortable multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks without guidance
Salary & Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package including medical/dental, 401(k), short, long-term disability and life insurance and generous PTO.
Interested persons should submit a letter of interest or cover letter, resume, and references to ProsperityME, P.O. Box 8013, Portland, ME 04104 or via email to Ellen Billie, Deputy Director, at ebillie [AT] prosperityme.org. No phone calls please. The position will remain open until filled.
8 hour shift
About the Company
Founded in 2008, ProsperityME is a growing 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Portland, Maine. ProsperityME empowers, through education and counseling, members of refugee and immigrant communities to invest in themselves to build financial stability, careers, businesses, and wealth. ProsperityME offers financial education services including financial literacy courses, one-on-one financial counseling and coaching in addition to housing case management services and emergency rental assistance. We also provide support for higher education, security deposit assistance for housing, small business counseling, and workforce development through partnerships with local businesses. ProsperityME’s services are open to all refugees, immigrants, asylees, and other individuals with low-income in Greater Portland and Lewiston/Auburn, Maine.