Grant and Contract Manager
Founded in 2008, ProsperityME is a growing 501(c)(3) non-profit based in Portland, Maine. ProsperityME empowers, through education and counseling, members of refugee and immigrant communities to invest in themselves to build financial stability, careers, businesses and wealth.
ProsperityME offers financial education services including financial literacy courses, one-on-one financial counseling and coaching. We also provide support for higher education, security deposit assistance for housing, small business counseling, emergency rental assistance, unemployment navigation services, and workforce development. ProsperityME’s services are open to all refugees, immigrants, asylees, and other individuals with low-income in Greater Portland and Lewiston/Auburn, Maine. Emergency Rental Assistance services are offered in Cumberland and York counties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Grants & Contract Manager will be responsible for grant proposal development, submission, and contract management. The Grants & Contract Manager will oversee compliance and reporting for organization grants and contracts. This position is full-time exempt requires close communication with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and development team. This is a full-time exempt position and is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
· Plan, manage and implement all aspects of the Grants, Compliance, and Contracts.
· Manage compliance and reporting for state, federal, and private grants and contracts
· Supervise contract management of all grants/grant funded projects: ensure staff are meeting contract requirements, ensure internal grant renewal process is completed annually, work with accounting staff and program managers to monitor budget spending, maintain grant coding system and monthly grant status report.
· Identify and lead solicitation of new public and private grants and contracts
· Oversee all major grant proposals for the organization and provide accurate and timely project reporting to funders where required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Education Required:
· Strong writing and organizational skills
· Nonprofit grant and contract management experience
· Experience applying for federal grants and working with national funders.
· Essential knowledge of budgeting and accounting principles.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills. Comfort with presentations and public speaking.
· Demonstrated understanding of successful volunteer management.
· High degree of technological literacy. Comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, video conferencing software, and Apple OS required.
Additional Skills and conditions:
· Experience with federal and state grant reporting requirements required.
· Compliance and Audit experience required.
· Strong executive function. Ability to plan, organize and efficiently execute projects within deadlines.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work comfortably with a diverse constituency of staff and volunteers.
· Comfortable working independently and within the limits of authority to reach appropriate conclusions.
· Current drivers’ license and willingness to travel statewide to meetings and events as required.
· Willingness to undergo a criminal background check.
Salary & Benefits: We offer a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package including medical/dental, 401(k), short, long-term disability and life insurance and generous PTO.
Job Type: Full-time
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday